The original hexagonal lattice design I have been working with for quite some time (I have hand draw designs with this going at least 18months) - so I call it Type 1.
There's a few of keyboard controls available to play with...
* b / w : black / white background (clears and restarts drawing)
* + / - : modify the base radius (clears and restarts drawing)
* [ / ] : select palette from a wrapping list. (there's 27 of them)
* o / p : change the opacity of the construction lines.
* n / m : change fill opacity
* , / , : change stroke opacity
* 0 / 1 / 2 : change stroke thickness (1,2px